GCR is one of the largest, safest, and most trusted providers of Off-The-Road and Mining tires and service in the country. Our extensive experience, expertise, products and services provide customers availability to World Class Off-The-Road and Mining tire and service solutions. Our solution based offers are customized around the needs of each customer, with a commitment to making mining mobility safe, profitable, and efficient. GCR operates 9 Stores, 2 Bandag Retread Plants, and 5 Off-The-Road Tire Repair Facilities in 5 states, along with managing tire programs at several remote mine locations. In short, GCR plays anywhere mining equipment is operated.
- Perform service (mount, balance, rotate, and repair tires) and repair work for customers as directed by Service Manager (both inside and mobile).
- Section repairs.
- Fleet inspections.
- Responsible for safe operation of company vehicles including compliance with speed and traffic regulations.
- Ensure truck is adequately supplied with tubes, repair materials, and replacement tires before departing store location to handle service calls.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
- Perform pre trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
- Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre trip inspection.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
- Performs general service work specific to alignments on vehicles using fixed and mobile equipment.
- Advises sales representatives concerning possible issues and makes recommendations.
- Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
- Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Notify manager immediately of defects.
- Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1
- Other duties as assigned
Relevant experience and education required
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.