Wherever you work and whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name you know that you are a valued teammate who is part of our larger mission to “Serve Society with Superior Quality.” We start by offering each teammate more than just a salary. We provide formal training, competitive performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build your future.
We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole selves to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you’re made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation headquartered in Japan. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand products to address the needs of a broad range of customers and industries.
- Accountable for oversight and execution of IT systems enhancements for BSRO priorities by aligning with the coordinating IT Product Managers and IT leadership team
Retail IT Portfolio
- Work with IT Product Owners and IT leadership on our 1-3-5-year roadmaps, establishing dependencies, blockers and other needs to ensure BSRO portfolio priorities are met
- Collaborate to manage the IT enhancement/project portfolio in a scaled agile mindset
- Actively participate in the business led prioritization of IT requests through data-based prioritization efforts
- As necessary, actively participate in IT raid log reviews, daily stand ups for projects/epics, enhancements/features/user story development, modernization efforts, and infrastructure hardware/software replacement needs
- Ensure delivery of items are well defined within the program increment (PI) planning process to determine delivery estimates for IT enabled projects
- Assist with budget reviews, management, and allocations for IT services and support
- Anticipate business needs and develop and discuss potential solutions to opportunities that arise
- Assist with creating and developing epic work items in the agile process to meet BSRO needs
- Co-accountable with IT teams for holding to the program increment plan for the quarter and educating others on when work can be added, prioritized, and completed
IT Systems Development
- Assist Business Project Owners and IT Product Owners in defining user stories for all IT requests
- Participate in all agile ceremonies, IT discovery sessions and demo sessions to assist in scoping out work and requirements; writing user stories, enablers, spikes, and planning prep for Program Increment quarterly work
- In partnership with Business Project Owners, fully utilize field teammate resources to create IT solutions that are accepted and actionable in the field, including but not limited to: process flow documentation, ui/ux needs, POS enhancements, etc.
- Assist with proper Business Needs Request creation to ensure understanding of IT needs, business expectations of revenue impact, dependencies of other systems or teams, KPIs and metrics to support work and funding expenses
- Partner with external service providers and Bridgestone IT to optimize solutions for the business
IT Systems Management
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of BSRO data ownership, processes, flows, and documentation in conjunction with system architects including but not limited to establishing one repository of documentation, requesting, and ensuring documentation is updated with any business changes, working with multiple teams to establish communication cadence
- Provide escalation support for back-end system issues supporting all BSRO departments
- Co-support and create improvements for monitoring SSC created back-end system support tickets and ensure correct prioritization and attention
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.