Firestone Airide, specializes in air spring manufacturing and technology with a history of more than 80 years of research and development on technologically advanced air springs for the global marketplace. Firestone engineers air springs and related products for commercial trucks and trailers, cars, sport utility vehicles, light trucks, mini vans, motor homes, buses, agricultural equipment, rail and industrial applications.
• Defining and specifying activities, processes, and standards to fulfill the quality requirements for a manufactured material, component, or product
• Building and maintaining the infrastructure and systems necessary to consistently ensure the timely delivery of quality products
• Auditing, monitoring, and determining the quality of manufacturing processes and/or outputs against defined internal and regulatory standards
• Reporting and troubleshooting manufacturing process deviations and defects in finished goods
• Manages a department or function that includes multiple teams led by Managers/supervisors and/or manages a functional area or process that may or may not have direct reports
• Ownership of short to mid-term (1-3 years) execution of functional strategy and the operational direction of the department
• Responsible for ensuring department goals/objectives are met and align to Bridgestone's overall strategy
• Oversees and supports development and execution of departmental strategy
• Requires ability to influence multiple, diverse stakeholders to accept policy, practices, and approaches
• Involves frequent communication with executive leadership on issues of significance
• Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
• Influences, coaches, and develops direct reports
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree; 8+ years of relevant experience including 5+ years management or leadership experience
Or Master’s degree; 6+ years of relevant experience including 4-5 years management or leadership experience
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.