Firestone Airide, specializes in air spring manufacturing and technology with a history of more than 80 years of research and development on technologically advanced air springs for the global marketplace. Firestone engineers air springs and related products for commercial trucks and trailers, cars, sport utility vehicles, light trucks, mini vans, motor homes, buses, agricultural equipment, rail and industrial applications.
- Works on process problems of moderate scope and assists with projects or processes while receiving general instructions from higher level professionals
- Designs equipment and processes to ensure most efficient and productive operations.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials and operating equipment
- Determines process design by balancing process cost, yield, and material waste considerations.
- Conducts tests throughout all stages of processing to determine control over applicable variables and prevents/solves process problems
- Supports continuous improvement/automation activities
- Uses six sigma methodology to drive cost savings and waste and scrap improvements
- Experience with rubber manufacturing
- Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black)
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.