Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) is part of Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career.
Whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name, you are a valued teammate, and part of our larger mission to “Serve Society with Superior Quality.” We start by offering each teammate more than just competitive pay. We provide formal training, performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, competitive healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build towards your future.
We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole self to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you’re made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
As an Area Manager for Bridgestone your primary mission will be to lead the overall operations and compliance of stores within your assigned region via the store managers and employees in your group. Since you pride yourself on guiding and empowering your employees to be their best, so that they deliver the best customer experience, this is an area where you will excel! And while experience managing a sizable P&L is helpful, this can be trained for the right person with the required depth in multi-unit retail operations management, such as from the hospitality, food service, the military, or automotive service industries. However, it will be your active presence in our stores and your uncanny ability to create a customer-centric culture that will make your star shine, as earning the loyalty of our customers and being actively involved in the communities we serve are of utmost importance to us. You aren't in this alone, though. Leveraging your Regional Manager, various proprietary operations management tools, and the back-office Bridgestone team, you will have the tools you need to create a stand-out operation in terms of sales growth, operating profit, and other KPIs. And, since we are on the precipice of considerable organizational change, it is your ability to leverage your strategic orientation to store management that will enable you to move onward/upward through our growing organization. This position is ideal for you -- a risk taker with the strategic vision and tactical skills needed to handle the retail operations of a dynamic industry leader in a highly competitive field.
- Oversee the performance of multiple Store Managers and their retail locations
- Support company initiatives to achieve the Vision 2020 Company strategy and to deliver a high-performance, customer-centric culture
- Monitor performance goals for each store including customer count/retention, unit sales, CFNA (credit card) applications, telephone conversions and safety
- Identify training and development opportunities for teammates
- Set business plan and manage the P&L for assigned Area
- Drive B2B business within the assigned area and train Store Managers on B2B related duties
- Ensure stores within the assigned area are following compliance and safety policies and procedures
- Manage and resolve customer escalations
- Partner with other region and Store Support Center staff as needed to lead and manage needs of the Area (Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Closely monitor Talent Acquisition efforts, Labor Demand Forecasting and Payroll
- Visit each store regularly and attend region meetings as required by the Region Manager
Seeking a leader who can:
- Engage teammates and improve retention
- Deliver on commitments
- Has a passion for developing others
- Lead and manage stores through change
- Properly recognize teammates for their accomplishments
- Take care of our customers and support the communities we serve
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 8 years combined experience managing a single store or multi-unit retail operation
- Minimum 3-5 years oversight of a P&L for a store or area/district
- BS/BA Degree Strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years experience as a hiring manager recruiting, hiring and promoting teammates
- Automotive Industry experience preferred but not required
- Resides in assigned Area
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must be willing to travel
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.